Raine is part prairie songstress, part storyweaver; Each song has a story, delivered between songs with humour and grace. Raine invites deep love of the violin into the singer-songwriter genre, writing for violin and voice, as well as for guitar and voice. Joined by cello and upright bass, expect string arrangements that push and pull, that move as they console.
A classical violinist and musicologist by training, Raine and their string trio offer string-quartet-like arrangements of Raine’s original songs. They call this chamber-folk, a hybrid of the classical tradition of string quartet chamber music, with the singer songwriter folk that comes so organically to Raine.
- March 28 – Imperial Theatre, Saint John NB
- March 29 – Fredericton Playhouse, Fredericton NB
- March 31 – Harbourfront Theatre, Summerside PE
- April 1 – MIPAC, Windsor NS
- April 2 – King’s Theatre, Annapolis Royal NS