Atlantic Moves is a partnership project of the APA and RADARTS (Réseau atlantique de diffusion des arts de la scène). It has been funded jointly by the Department of Canadian Heritage and the Canada Council for the Arts, in addition to the Province of Nova Scotia.
Over the last 10 years, the Atlantic Moves program has worked to address a deficit of contemporary dance touring in the Atlantic region, with the specific goals of curatorial development for presenters, audience development for their communities and the presentation of Canadian dance artists. Since 2011, participating presenters have attended dance events across Canada to see some of the best contemporary dance companies in Canada and participate in professional development activities, all to build their capacity to present dance in their communities. As a result, they have presented over 145 performances to audiences of over 30,000 in the region.
Funding from Atlantic Moves has supported the presentation of dance artists and companies from Atlantic Canada and beyond, including Ballet BC, Bboyizm, Cas Public, Julie DuGuay and Mocean Dance.
Any further inquiries about Atlantic Moves, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Darcy Campbell, Confederation Centre of the Arts, Charlottetown, PE
- Janet Larkman, King’s Theatre, Annapolis Royal, NS
- Haley Zavo, Kings Playhouse, Georgetown, PE
- Matthew Barrett, O’Brien Arts Centre, Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL
- Kieran Keller, Harbourfront Theatre, Summerside, PE
- Angela Campbell, Imperial Theatre, Saint John, NB
- Line Thibodeau, Conseil communautaire Beausoleil, Miramichi, NB (RADARTS member)
- Lesandra Dobson, Fredericton Playhouse, Fredericton, NB
The Atlantic Presenters Association gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Canada Council for the Arts.