Making Tomorrow Better
APA is the lead partner partner for Making Tomorrow Better: Taking Digital Action in the Performing Arts, a national digital literacy initiative that brings practical digital know-how to participants so they:
- assess their actual digital footprint, intended and unintended
- examine how online platforms like Google, Facebook and the like see their web content and as a result learn to improve their overall web presence
- understand how to decide where to invest time and money in their digital presence and measure effectiveness
- learn how to use digital tools to best effect, including semantic web / structured data, linked data and the like
- become digital adapters and innovators
Participants include individual artists, and a wide range of arts and cultural workers.
You can be active in the performing arts (e.g. music, theatre, dance, spoken word/storytelling), or work in visual arts and other artistic and cultural pursuits. We expect many will work at arts venues as decision-makers (managing directors), approvers (marketing managers) or users (box office, artistic programming, donor relations). These workshops will equip you to ask for the right things and ensure you or your organization upgrades to and maintains a powerful, contemporary web presence.
These workshops are designed to help participants speak digital with confidence – that is, we will demystify and discuss the digital realm in plain English – and quickly become competent participants in arts sector conversations about leading digital tools, emerging digital innovations, and new digital business models.