Call for Artist Submissions
The Atlantic Presenters Association (APA) is a touring network of 100+ presenting organizations in the four Atlantic Provinces (Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick). The membership is made up of soft seat theatres, volunteer community presenters, arts councils and festivals. Its mission is to enable its members to enhance, promote and facilitate diverse, quality live performances in their communities.
In 2017, Canada will mark the 150th anniversary of Confederation. This is your celebration and it’s time to get excited!
In order to help celebrate this milestone, the APA and its members are presenting The Canada 150 Performance Series that will tour through Atlantic Canada in 2017. This series will feature multi-disciplinary artists (music, theatre, dance, young audience, variety, comedy, etc.) from the six Canadian Regions (Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario, Prairies, British Columbia and the North) who will help us celebrate the birth of Canada.
Submissions Now Closed
August 22, 2016 is the deadline for artists to submit.
- Eligible artistic disciplines include music, theatre, dance, young audience, variety, comedy etc. If you are unsure if your discipline is eligible, please contact the Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Eligible artists should celebrate Canada through their art.
- Eligible artists must be Canadian citizens or have landed immigrant status. The exception to this rule is in the case of a group, duo, troupe, etc where at least 50% of the core members must be Canadian citizens or have landed immigrant status.
- Preference may be given to artists who perform in both official languages.
- Eligible artists must be prepared to participate in outreach/engagement activities at every performance (this will be arranged with the presenter).
Short List Process
- All submissions will be reviewed by a jury of experienced industry leaders who represent and understand the presenting ecology in Atlantic Canada.
- There will be up to three (3) artists from each region shortlisted to participate in the series for a total of up to 18 artists.
- The 18 artists shortlisted will be contacted by the Project Manager to confirm your participation and other required details.
- A catalogue of the shortlisted artists will be made available to all APA presenting members who will make selections from this shortlist of 18, to tour the region.
- Only shortlisted artists will be notified.
- Please note, not all artists shortlisted will receive a tour booking.
Requirements for Application
- The application has mandatory fields that request links to artist video, audio, technical needs, touring history, photo, bio, etc.
- A show synopsis must be included. Don’t forget to let us know how this will celebrate our 150 anniversary!
- Applicants must provide tour availability, performance fees, show length, strike time etc.
- Only online submissions will be accepted.